Gardening is a profession that can be advanced at a Gardening Bench. As evidenced by its name, Gardening is focused on growing crops. These crops may be harvested for useful items (most notably Steed Feed), or simply as decorative figures. Different requirements may be present per crop, such as whether sunlight is present, or what the current season is.
Like all professions, you gain points by crafting items that are in the newest unlocked tier. Each player has their own Gardening Level. Plants are separated into 6 different categories or tiers of Gardening, blocked by your character's Gardening level. The tiers for Gardening are as follows: Newbie, Dabbler, Enthusiast, Gardener, Green Thumb, and Botanist. Players can gain one point per item crafted, of which 50 points are required to advance to the next tier. The tiers go by 50's, starting from level 0 to level 50, 100, etc. until level 250, which is the maximum Gardening level. You gain one level for every item you craft in your most recently unlocked tier.
Additionally, Gardening requires a great deal of Sunlight Bulbs, which can be found in the Peaceful Hills around and inside giant sunflower-shaped structures.
Lastly, plants grown in the wrong environment will wilt and die. If you are unsure whether a plant will grow in a certain area, plant only a single seed and see if it wilts. Don't waste your entire hoard of seed!
Note that for every tier unlocked, you gain +75 points of Mastery.
How to level up Gardening efficiently
While Gardening is not a particularly expensive profession to level up in and otherwise utilize, it does take some time to collect the needed resources and for the plants to grow. However, the ability to farm items such as Steed Feed, Enchanted Wood, and more makes it a definite worthwhile investment.
- Level 0-50: 50 Sponge, 80 Unripe Compost Heap (To obtain enough Rich Fertilizer needed for Steed Feed & Bottle Seed. If you have them already, disregard)
- Level 50-100: 40 Lava Sponge, 10 Ash Pile (To obtain the Fertile ash for the Dormant Dragon's Eye Seed's. If you have them already, create another 10 Lava Sponges)
- Level 100-150: 50 Dormant Dragon's Eye Seed
- Level 150-200: 50 Shady Shroom Spores (OR 50 Steed Feed Seed which are useful)
- Level 200-250: 50 Bottle Seed
Recipes unlocked by Gardening level
- Cornerstones and Club Worlds are the best places to plant your seeds, as they're much more secure than in an Adventure World. In addition, while plants in Cornerstones may not grow if the Cornerstone is not in a world, plants in Club Worlds will always continue to grow.
- As sunlight bulbs are so commonly used in Gardening recipes, it's always a good idea to clean out any Sunlight Lairs you find. Likewise, Mushroom Chunks are used to make Unripe Compost Heaps which grow into Rich Fertilizer; another commonly used material.