Patch - Mantle of Power Head Start Edition - 4/19/2016
|“|| Avarem's Notes:
Welcome to the Mantle of Power. Trove's first expansion!
This is the biggest single update we've ever made to Trove and we are immensely excited to be able to share our hard work with you guys.
In Mantle of Power there are copious changes, many new abilities, and a ton of tuning. We anticipate that the game you're playing today is going to be quite different than the one you're playing tomorrow.
To help you understand some of why we're making these changes I'm going to add additional context throughout the patch notes to help explain our thought process.
Thanks for playing Trove - and see you tomorrow for the Mantle of Power!
Mantle of Power Head Start!
- Mantle of Power Head Start has begun! For the next week, players who have ordered the Mantle of Power Head Start packs will have access to Mantle of Power features! You can now buy the Head Start packs in the in-game store (and 25% off until next week!)
- ALL players will receive access to Mantle of Power on April 26th!
Mantle of Power
New Levels, Worlds, and Gems!
- 30 is the new maximum level!
- A new Gems system has been added to increase your characters' power and give you new abilities!
- Four new adventure world types have been added! Use the updated adventure tower in the Hub to experience three new elemental worlds: Igneous Islands, Cursed Skylands, and the Drowned Worlds. You could also travel to the Shores of the Everdark, if you think you can handle it.
- 3 new adventure difficulty levels, including new loot drops and challenges.
- Ultra difficulty has been added to the shadow tower.
- Gems are new drops from the elemental worlds (and, in small amounts, from prime worlds) and can be used to greatly boost your character’s power.
- Using the new Gems tab on your character sheet, socket and level up gems to unlock your full potential. But be careful-- Gems are fragile and may crack when leveling up! Check out the Gems tab on the store for a variety of helpful Boosters and Gem Boxes.
- Gem slots unlock for each class at specific intervals between character level 10 and 30.
- Empowered Gems can be socketed in the largest sockets in your Gems tab, and give your class unique powers! Empowered Gems come from Empowered Gem Boxes, purchased for Lunar Souls, or rarely found within Gem Booster Boxes!
- Unique class gems can also be socketed in Empowered Gem Sockets. Unique class gems come from the Shores of the Everdark, but only for adventurers who have obtained a Class Gem Key--which is uncommonly looted from Empowered Gem Boxes.
- There are now empowered gem box deals. In addition keep an eye out for free gem booster boxes to show up in the store rarely when deals refresh!
- Note: Stats and powers granted via the Gems system do not impact Battle Arena.
- Hatch three new amazingly powerful dragons. How? Using a Diamond Dragon Egg at the Dragon Crucible. Diamond Dragon Eggs are found rarely in Empowered Gem Boxes.
- Palashien, Soul of the Sea – Fills areas destroyed with water. All water gems get +10% to stats.
- Scintilla, Spark of the Sky – Flies faster than other dragons and bestows that on nearby allies. All air gems get +10% to stats.
- Za’Hadeen, Heart of the Flame – Can shoot more rapidly than other dragons and hold down attack to continuous fire. All fire gems get +10% to stats.
New Gear Level: Stellar
- Radiant was shiny, but Stellar is out of this world! You can upgrade from Radiant to Stellar gear at a forge using Forged Radiant Souls (obtained from Loot Collecting Radiant Gear) and Shaper's Stars, earned from the Shores of the Everdark when using Shaper's Star Keys. Shaper’s Star Keys can be purchased for 5 Titan Souls.
- Once forged into Stellar, equipment can no longer be traded. However, if you get lucky and find Stellar when out in the world due to Magic Find, you will be able to trade it.
- Stellar hats and helmets can also have Stellar Auras applied to them at the Enchanted Forge. Stellar Auras drop rarely from Empowered Gem Boxes.
- Patron now gives 300% daily cubits instead of 200%.
- The Saturday Adventure XP Bonus is now 50% (up from 25%).
- Increased the number of slots available in each Personal Chest tab from 30 to 50.
- Chaos Chest loot has been shuffled! Grab the Blacklight Neon Cycle, designed by Trove community member TeeKayM!
- Portals to the new worlds can be crafted at the Builder's Crafting Bench.
- The experience required to level up has been adjusted across the board, as have the rewards for killing NPCs and completing Dungeons.
- In general, we've increased the amount of experience granted at higher difficulty levels. The goal is to increase the rewards for doing more difficult content, to encourage players to try harder difficulty levels.
- That said, experience “Caps” based on your level slightly more aggressively than it once did. If you go up to a new difficulty level and don’t see an increase in experience, it may be worth your time to return to the previous world difficulty until you level up.
|“|| Avarem's Notes:
These equipment changes are all about game feel. Pearls have been too easy to get for how good they are for a long time. Any time we put a commodity like this in the store or in-game for a flat cost the natural fluctuations of the market always make our best efforts quickly become out of date. We opted to remove it both from the in-game and rmt stores and let the market price these. All players will receive them slowly and at the same rate, and it's up to them what they want to do with it.
The forging change gives stronger meaning to rarity, which goes along with gems in teaching new players what 'stars' and 'rarity' means for equipment. Functionally we expect the gameplay impact to be little to none, barring a little more farming needed to push into the end game as you acquire your first shadow equipment.
- The Pearl of Wisdom no longer comes from shadow caches, pirate ships, or the store. Instead it is now a rare drop in the world. Right now Pearls, for the amount of power they give, aren't scaling with the rest of the game. As a tradable good that costs flux they are undercosted by being available for flux and even credits. Now all players will acquire them at a slow rate and be able to use or sell them based on the price of the market.
- Equipment from Uncommon to Resplendent can no longer have their its increased through forging (Meaning: once you upgrade them to 5 stars they cannot be upgraded any further). Shadow 1 (and higher) gear can still have its rarity raised through forging. At earlier levels, this is intended to make collecting (or obtaining) equipment drops a more integral part of your leveling up experience.
- Equipment drops have slightly higher Critical Damage values, but lower Critical Hit chance values.
- In an effort to bring additional consistency to the game, "Shadow Level 1" now displays as "Shadow'. All other levels remain the same.
- Inventory equipment now shows the # of stars they have on their icon.
- Changed display for Critical Hit, Critical Damage, and Attack Speed stats. They all show as percentages now.
- Opening Shadow Tower floors now requires flux instead of keys.
- Shadow Keys, Moon Keys and their fragments are no longer tradable.
- Dungeons no longer drop shadow gems but instead drop fragments. Existing gems can be deconstructed into fragments.
- Shadow Tower Vaults now appear at the end of shadow tower floors after defeating the boss. These drop loot for anyone who uses a Shadow Key, Moon Key, or Eclipse Key on them and drop a high volume of high rarity equipment drops.
- Chests in shadow towers other than the vaults now drop all range of equipment rarities, not limited to higher rarities.
- You now have one minute after creating a Marketplace listing to cancel the listing before it appears in searches for other Marketplace users
- Your last selected currency in the "Sell" section of the Marketplace is now saved as your default sell currency
- On the Sell tab of the Marketplace, hovering over an item that you dragged to potentially list for sale will now give additional information about all the other Marketplace listings for that item, based on the currently selected currency: Lowest Price, Highest Price, Average Price and Total Listings. If you have more than one of the item listed, it will also tell you what the total stack price should be to price match.
- When creating a listing for an item to sell on the Marketplace, you can now enter your selling price as the Total Price OR the Price Per Unit.
- Improved interaction with localization, so that you should now be able to search for items in your own language without missing items.
- NOTE: When using some languages, your auction house searches may now be case-sensitive. We are working on a fix for this.
- You can now right click items from your inventory window to send them to the marketplace sell slot, if it is open.
Dungeons & Biomes
- The Treasure Isles biome is now only populated with dungeons in the Drowned World (and will no longer show up in the hourly challenge).
- New Desert Frontier dungeon from Stedms and Zoe in Uber 6+ worlds.
- New Desert Frontier dungeon from Ixion in Uber 6+ worlds.
- New Permafrost dungeon from Dark_Style_NL in Uber 6+ worlds.
- New Fae Wilds dungeon from Zevix in Uber 7+ worlds.
- New Treasure Isles dungeon from Stedms in Uber 7+ Drowned Worlds.
- New Treasure Isles dungeon from Edttde in Uber 7+ Drowned Worlds.
Improved terraformers. When using a terraformer, you now pick the zone you want to terraform at the map screen, and then are given a flyover preview of that area and a timer before the terraforming happens. Honestly this should probably have been the very first thing in the patch notes.
Shmeeps are awesome new community created mounts! The basic Shmeep drops from Uber-8 worlds and above and can be used to craft a variety of Shmeeps at the Adventurer's Crafting Bench! Well done, FriedSushi, CrabbyMatti, Milambit, synsixx, and Taux!
Regular Centaurs now drop from Uber-9 worlds and can be used to craft a variety of new, community-created centaurs at the Adventurer's Crafting Bench! High fives to Zoe, Jobot343, and Mew2ian
Far more strings are available to be localized than ever before!
- Pemblocks and Meownts drop more often now.
- Dungeons have a higher chance of dropping rare drop items.
- Fixed a bug where flight speed wasn't properly being set. In fixing this, we've updated some flight values:
- The initial things you can craft on the starter bench have had their costs adjusted and the forge has been moved there.
- The golden thread / tutorial has a few new objectives for entering Master and Uber worlds.
- Master adventure world now takes power rank 160, up from 150.
- No S.S. Draconic? New lava-capable boats can be crafted at your nearest Nautical Assembler, found in the hub! Props to Stedms and Milambit.
- Tomes now earn xp based on dungeon completion or pvp map completion.
- Completing Tutorial Objectives now rewards Flux, rather than Cubits.
- A new "Rockin Rod" hairstyle is available at the Barbershop
- Class Changers have been removed from the hub and adventure worlds. Just use the J key!
- Refactored network communication to reduce lag, especially when streaming large sections of the world.
- When another player invites you into the Shadow Tower, you will see the difficulty they are in.
- Reaching max level for a given class now broadcasts to all chat channels you are in, not just your current world.
- Battle Arena power up "Juggernaut" now looks way more metal \m/
- You can now consume dragon souls while flying without falling.
- Mastery now grants two power rank per rank. Dragons now grant 30 power rank per dragon.
- Made "right click" work in the inventory window more often when it otherwise might fail. For instance, interacting with the Forge, then closing and re-opening the inventory.
- Using a Forge now auto selects adventure mode and disables switching to build mode just like the Loot Collector.
|“|| Avarem's Notes:
Class changes can be tough to make, and we tried to do the biggest ones at the same time we were making other balance changes. I expect we'll continue to make adjustments in the weeks ahead as this goes live and we get a wider audience giving us feedback.
Overall our goal was to do two things: bring all classes more in-line in terms of baseline survivability and dps. You can choose to spec more one way or the other (and many classes reward it), but you'll need to intentionally build your equipment for it more now.
The Revenant deserves a special mention here as the class with the most fundamental changes. It was already incredibly good and now it is still quite probably the best, but now it's a bit more of a competition and will need to work harder in terms of acquiring the right stats for the job.
The other balance change that will be controversial but was important is the change to the emblems. I think firstly it's important to call out that they will probably still be the most commonly used emblems, but we hope that this encourages people to mix it up. Surestrike was the worst offender since it basically invalidated a complete stat (critical hit), taking what could be the cornerstone (no pun intended) of an incredible dps build and making it useless. This change helps bolster a crit build without making one of the stats a non-issue. The other damage increasing emblems were just too easy to use effectively (and basically always). Now they have been tuned to more correctly fill a role as a burst dps emblem and not a requirement for any time you are doing damage.
Finally, note the attack speed increase is based on animations. Most classes went up to 300, but the Lunar Lancer already has a fast animation and has been locked at a lower number as a result.
Class & Combat Adjustments
The basic ranged attacks for Boomeranger, Shadow Hunter, Chloromancer, Ice Sage, Gunslinger, and Fae Trickster now deal AoE damage in a very small radius, this should make fighting multiple enemies slightly easier for these classes.
- Raised attack speed cap from 200% to 300% on the following characters: Candy Barbarian, Chloromancer, Boomeranger, Fae Trickster, Gunslinger, Ice Sage, Knight, Neon Ninja, Pirate Captain, Revenant, and Shadow Hunter
- The Lunar Lancer attack speed cap raised from 200% to 240%
- The Dracolyte and Tomb Raiser are not affected by this change since their attacks are not impacted by attack speed.
- Martial and Arcane Emblems now do +250% damage for 3 seconds (was +200% for 8 seconds).
- Surestrike Emblem now gives +20% Critical Hit for 10 seconds (was +100% for 5 seconds).
Changed Hit Point multipliers from Multiplicative to Additive. With the addition of gems, health was ballooning to extreme heights, and this change addresses that to protect the long term health of the game. This affects the following classes: Knight, Boomeranger, Candy Barbarian, Dracolyte, Pirate Captain, Revenant and Tomb Raiser. Until you've equipped some gems, these classes will see a decrease in their total health.
Additionally, a number of classes have received adjustments to bring older classes more in line with newer classes.
Boomeranger Boomerang – Increased coefficient from 1.75 to 2.75 Boomerang – Decreased cooldown from 11 to 10 seconds Big Bomb – Increased coefficient from 2.85 to 5 Ult – The coefficient for the bombs has been increased from 1.5 to 4 per bomb Basic Attack Ranged – Increased the coefficient from 1 to 1.25 Basic Attack Melee – Increased the coefficient from 2 to 2.2
Candy Barbarian Basic Attack – Increased damage co-efficient from 1 to 1.85 Eiscrome Cone – Increased damage co-efficient from 5 to 15 Sugar Crash – Increased the coefficient from 2.5 to 4.5 Swirlwind – Increased damage co-efficient from 3 to 6.5 Swirlwind – Decreased activation cost from 75 to 60 Rage Candy – Duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds Rage Candy – Increased the attack speed buff from 75 to 100
Dracolyte Avatar of the Flame - Now increases damage co-efficient from 0.75 to 1.5 while active Avatar of the Flame – Duration increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds
Fae Trickster Faerie Dance – Increased duration from 8 to 10 Faerie Dance – Increased damage co-efficient from 1.5 to 2 Faerie Dance – Decreased action time from 1.75 to 1.2
Gunslinger Lucky Shot – Decreased the internal cooldown from 6 seconds to 5 seconds Charge Shot – Increased the single target coefficient from 2 to 4 Blast Jump – Increased damage co-efficient from 3.5 to 6 Run and Gun – Increased duration from 7 to 10 seconds Basic Attack – Increased damage co-efficient from 1 to 1.33
Ice Sage Attack Speed – Increased base attack speed Ice Crash – Increased radius from 1.6 to 3.2
Knight Basic Attack – Increased the coefficient from 1 to 1.15 Retribution – Increased damage co-efficient from 4 to 6.5 Retribution – Decreased internal cooldown from 2 to 1.5 seconds Retribution – Increased duration from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. Still consumes on next attack Smash – Increased damage co-efficient from 4 to 6 Charge – Increased damage co-efficient from 2.5 to 4.5 Iron Will – Increased duration from 7 seconds to 10 seconds Iron Will – Reduced the activation cost from 50 to 25. Cooldown remains the same
Neon Ninja Marked for Death – Increased duration from 5 to 8 Marked for Death – Increased damage co-efficient of energy swords from 2.5 to 3 Shining Star – Increased the damage co-efficient when throwing 3 stars from 7 to 7.5
Pirate Captain Man O’ War – Decreased the activation time of shots from 2 seconds to 1 second Man O’ War – Increased the radius of the explosions from 2 to 4.5 Man O’ War – Increased the duration from 12 seconds to 15 Man O’ War – Increased the damage co-efficient from 3.5 to 6 Pretend Pirate – Increased the explosion damage co-efficient from 1 to 2.5 First Mate – The additional damage co-efficient for picking up doubloons has increased from 2 to 4, changing the total co-efficient from 3 to 5 when upgraded Basic Attack – Increased damage co-efficient from 1.33 to 1.5 First Mate – Now only requires 6 doubloons to fully upgrade
Revenant Spirit Spears - Coefficient changed from 0.275 to 0.2, to account for increased hit points with addition of gems. Spirit Spears - Amount of damage suffered when using this ability has been increased from 6% to 12.5%. Spirit Storm - No longer scales based on hit points. Has a damage coefficient of 0.5 for the primary attack and 0.25 for the explosions. This change is required due to the huge increase in hit points available with the addition of gems.
Shadow Hunter Arrow of the Goddess – Increased damage co-efficient from 20 to 25 on the Shadow Mark component Radiant Arrow – Increased the charged damage co-efficient when shadow marked from 10 to 12.5 Radiant Arrow – Increased the charged damage co-efficient when not shadow marked from 5 to 7.5 Dark Whispers – Decreased the time to shadow mark a random target from 5.5 seconds to 5 seconds Basic Attack – Increased the damage co-efficient from 1.75 to 2.5
- Fixed a bug that had prevented Neon Style equipment from dropping.
- Previously missing percent stat bonuses should once again show up on your stats view in the character sheet.
- Fixed an issue where Chloromancer could heal enemies.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to use an ability (often repeatedly) just as it was coming off of cooldown would prevent the hotkey icon from showing the subsequent cooldown timer.
- Fixed bug where cooldown complete VFX/SFX didn't play for many classes' ultimates
- Fixed a few crashes related to UI interaction when changing worlds.
- Fixed bug where Wraiths sometimes stopped moving after doing spike-spawning slam attacks.
- Fixed an issue that could cause graphics to flicker when using certain NVidia drivers.
- Fixed an issue where destroying signs wouldn't correctly add them to your inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the trajectory indicator (such as when throwing a bomb) could get stuck on.
- Fixed an issue where "biome" icons in the map could overlap dungeons, or where dungeon icons could overlap the "completed" icon.
- Fixed a bug that may have prevented you from joining a large number of chats all at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where hats would sometimes be 1 voxel too low.
- Fixed an issue where epicpose would stretch some vfx when used on a rocket mount.
- Fixed a bug where purchasing a new row of inventory in the 2nd or 3rd bag caused that row to disappear in the 1st bag.
- Fixed an issue with the Monkey King and Duskrider Dragoon costumes where their icons were offset.
- Fixed issue where Boomerranger ability icons weren't showing up correctly in character sheet and would sometimes keep an ability icon from a previous class.
- Fixed bug where ship and dragon attack damage scaled only on physical damage. They now scale on either magic or physical damage depending on the class you're using.
- Fixed a bug where the shortcut icon for the store would offset when the store was open.
- Fixed an issue where creating many pop up dialogs could prevent you from successfully purchasing products in the store.