Forge More, Better Edition
Arriving on 5/27/15!
- Forging has been updated to be progressive instead of random! This change has huge rippling effects, and touches every piece of equipment in the game.
- Equipment no longer has a forge level.
- Individual stats on equipment no longer have hidden power level rolls.
- There are now 5 ranks of power per rarity of equipment, from at 0 to 5.
- These ranks, along with the rarity, determines how strong the stats are on an item.
- Forging increases the power level by 1.
- If the value is at 5 (max), forging it will instead increase the item's rarity by one level.
- Bonuses are represented by *s next to a stat.
- Each stat on a piece of equipment can have up to 2 levels of bonus.
- The first one gives +10% value, and two give an additional +20%.
- Pearls of Wisdom can now be used to increase the bonus on a random stat if the equipment already has 4 stats.
NEW SHADOW LEVELS
- Items now have 4 total possible Shadow Levels possible, up from 1.
- Items that are Shadow Level 1 can be upgraded to Shadow Level 2 and above.
- Items that are Shadow Level 4 have more possible health, health regen, and damage than equipment does now, but slightly less possible attack speed, jump, and movement speed.
- Perfect Prisms are now used only to upgrade items from Resplendent rarity to Shadow Level 1.
- Chaos Forges can only re-roll the 3rd and 4th stats.
- Re-rolled stats at a Chaos Forge are now effective immediately, instead of after locking in.
- You can still re-roll as many times as you wish.
- Chaos Forges now only use Tentacles as a special resource.
- Resplendent boxes can now drop Shadow Level 1-4 rings in addition to Resplendent Rings.
- Rings now give no individual bonus *s to stats.
- Rings always have a power value of 5.
- Equipment can now drop with a random number of bonuses on stats and stars.
- Magic Find can now trigger up to Shadow Level 4.
NEW IN THE STORE
- Chaos chest has been randomized. Try your luck and you may get a clipper, a unicorn pet, or fully crafted meownts!
- The Costume box now gives Boomeranger costumes.
- 50 and 100 Spring Pinata packs are 50% off for this week only!
- Adventure boxes now drop slightly less often normally and we’re aiming to keep them live for 3 weeks instead of 2, including an extra week for the Bento Box!
- Thursday bonuses are now +200% up from +100%, including adventure boxes, pemblock and the meownt.
- NPC bosses can now spawn with summoning turrets as an ability.
- Boss quest chests now drop 3 items, and minor quests chests now drop 2 items.
- Reduced the XP required for levels 2-6. You know. For kids.
- Players under mastery level 5 can no longer join custom chat channels.
- Spikes now deal damage over time as long as you stand on them, rather than a big ‘spike’ of damage.
- Increased the chance for shadow equipment to drop, mostly impacting Shadow Arena rewards.
- Shadow Caches now sometimes drop extra Eyes of Q'bthulhu on common rolls.
- Added new golden thread objectives for placing blocks, forging, buying something on the store, and being in a club.
- Split out the initial dungeon completion golden thread objective into two objectives.
BUG FIXES AND POLISH
- Fixed a bug where death sounds didn't play in some cases.
- Fixed bug where projectiles collided with grass.
FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS: GEAR CONVERSION
- Existing high rolled shadow equipment (in the currently live system, represented by the number of *s an item can have) have been translated to their appropriate shadow level rarity.
- High forge equipment has translated to number of stars.
- Shadow Equipment has translated *s in the following way:
- 0-1 *s: Shadow Level 1 - 2-3 *s: Shadow Level 2 - 4-5 *s: Shadow Level 3 - 6-8 *s: Shadow Level 4
- Shadow Rings have translated *s in the following way:
- 1 *s: Shadow Level 2 - 2 *s: Shadow Level 3 - 3-4 *s: Shadow Level 4