|“||The Shadow Hunter is a fearsome sniper armed with a deadly bow, razor-sharp arrows, and a whispering crystal that can see through walls.||”|
— In-Game Class Description
Shadow Hunters are best known to be long ranged snipers that are best paired with another class. This class alone can handle one-on-one combat against other enemies but will have difficulty with large groups of enemies and are best just picking off enemies one by one. His charged shot has the capability to deal massive damage as well as the ability for it to travel through walls with the help of his passive. The Shadow Hunter can also support with sun snares to stun enemies for a short period of time. His ultimate, just like his charged shot, fires a massive Arrow of the Goddess that deals even more damage than the Radiant Arrow.
|Chaos Core Crafter|
DAMAGE: 1 x Physical Damage (per arrow)
RANGE: 40 Blocks
ATTACK RATE: 12
• Replaces existing Basic Attack.
• AoE damage to nearby enemies (Within 1 block of each other, the AoE can critically hit.
• Shadow Marks can now be set off by the basic attack.mark is diminished.
• Enemies that are shadow-marked will also cause a 3x3 AOE explosion that deals damage to nearby enemies when the mark is diminished.
• Shadow Blitz grants 5x bonus attack speed when shooting arrows.
• Attack Speed coming from equipment does not affect this class gem ability, as it exceeds the 300% attack speed cap.
• Note: Costumes do not change the color of the arrow (purely cosmetic).
DAMAGE: 7.5 / 12.5 x Physical Damage
RANGE: 45 Blocks
• Fire a sparkling arrow that pierces through walls – and other enemies!
• Damages all enemies in a line.
• No damage reduction for multiple hits.
• Takes 0.94s to fully charge.
• Deals increased damage to Shadow Marked enemies.
• The Shadow Mark is diminished upon being hit
DAMAGE: 1.05 x Physical Damage
RANGE: 3 Block Radius (360°)
COOLDOWN: 1 Second
DURATION: 10 Seconds
• Set a trap that dazzles your foes with a luminous flare, knocking them senseless for 2 seconds
• Fully sets up after 0.5 seconds of deployment
• Enemies stunned are reduced to 0 stability for the duration.
|Ultimate:Arrow of the Goddess|
DAMAGE: 7 / 25 x Physical Damage
RANGE: 45 Blocks
COOLDOWN: 50 Seconds
DURATION: 8 Seconds
• Mark ALL nearby enemies with Dark Whispers (within 15 blocks of you in a sphere, no edge) to fire a Radiant Arrow touched by the Goddess herself.
• /!\ Even if you need to charge a Radiant Arrow to fire the Arrow of the Goddess , this shot pierces through walls BUT NOT through enemies.
• Ability wears off after firing a Radiant Arrow or waiting longer than 8 seconds.
• The Empowered Radiant arrow deal AoE 7x7 (3x3 blocks away in a sphere, no edge)
• The explosion does not not trigger Shadow Marks but the arrow does deal increased damage by diminishing a mark.
• In the Battle Arena (PvP), This attack can instantly kill enemies if it is aimed correctly.
RANGE: 25 blocks
COOLDOWN: 5 Seconds
DURATION: 10 Seconds
• Your Captured Shadow lets the Shadow Hunter track a target through any obstacle while peppering them with empowered shots.
• Allows sight of the target through blocks.
• Randomly marks enemies within the area.
• Marks the same enemy continuously if there are no other enemies.
• Increases damage when hit with any ability/attack.
• Can only be set off by a fully charged radiant arrow OR a "Shadow Blitz" Basic attack.
Stat gain per level
|Level||Physical Damage||Maximum Health||Energy Regeneration||Critical Hit||Critical Damage|
Energy regen allows further usage of Radiant Arrow and Sun Snare, Zealous Emblem can also help keep enemies stunned frequently, perma-stunning is not energy effective so only use these when you need to.
Build your gear based on Physical Damage to maximize DPS output.
Only build health on Hat's 3rd stat, ths gives more room for damage and kiting stats.
Movement speed and critical damage can aid in kiting and keeping your burst potential high, but sun snare is recommended for its stun-locking nature.
Use the high knockback of 'Arrow of the Goddess' to smash enemies into lava, the Sun Snare doubles knockback to amplify this strength.
Radiant Arrow, if not charged, can be spammed quickly until you run out of energy. This comes at reduced damage, but provides a few rapid shots that, under the right circumstances, can be useful against cannons or spinning gear boss spawns, as they take % Damage from shots, but not damage.
Otherwise it is useless and you should charge it for the maximum damage output.
A good strategy is to try and get all the enemy's in to chase you then when they are all in a bundle use the sun snare then the radiant bow then the arrow of the goddess to do tons of damage in 1 spot
Spinners - Most spinning enemies (such as beetles and power plants) gain a damage reduction effect whilst spinning, hold off using any damage burst abilities until they stop.
To counter this, right as the animation for their spin is starting, throw down a snare, this keeps them in stasis for the same time that they would be spinning for, so they come out of the animation instantly after they aren't stunned.
- Teleporting bosses - try to stay close to them (but either to their back or just out of their range), this will prevent allies (especially Knight, Dracolyte and Neon Ninja) from losing damage time after it teleports .
- Place your snare when the enemies get close.
- Try and kite as many mobs as you can into one area, snare them then hit them all with an easy Radiant Arrow.
- Always prioritize the shadow marked enemy while using snares to keep yourself from getting ambushed, attempt to position yourself to hit all enemies while aiming this way.
- If you are doing a solo dungeon or Shadow Arena, smart managment of snares is crucial. Since it reduces enemies stability to knock enemies away from you.
- Throwing down snares can assist you with landing arrows easily.
- Snares cost a reasonably large amount of energy. Make your snare placing count, like activating an "Activate Skulls" podium by throwing the snare into its centre.
- Arrow of the Goddess shadow-marks all nearby enemies. Throw down a snare and try to make your Ultimate's shot count as it doesn't pierce through enemies, with this in mind - Make sure you hit a shadow marked enemy, snare them, THEN use the ultimate, Martial emblem and Surestrike Emblem on your vial (drink it) effectively doubling the damage output on that target (keep this in mind for bosses).
- Keep at the backline and shoot out well positioned radiant arrows and snares for your team, try to stand next to ranged enemies and aim through them to hit the enemies further away - this lets you hit everyone effectively.
- If you have enough flasks, use your Ultimate (Arrow of the Goddess) after consuming one flask to trigger your Surestrike and Martial Emblem effect. You must shoot your arrow quickly or else it will not deal much damage. Doing this can deal millions of numbers in damage!
- Just like solo play, you can use Sun Snare to help your teammates. However, Sun Snares should only be used as a breather rather than a means to hold down enemies because enemies under the effects of Sun Snares are more susceptible to being knocked back, making it much harder for your teammates to kill the enemies.
- Arrow of the Goddess is currently the highest damaging attack in the game when using a complete set of equipment and gems with physical damage, Critical damage, Rapt Berserker, Surestrike Emblem and Martial Emblem. This build can easily reach the multi millions of numbers in damage!
- A simple tactic to quickly kill a Dream Monster when Shadow Hunters get 2x damage multipliers is to use Elysian Bandolier alongside the Chronomantic Emblem and Martial Emblem. Once the Dream Monster spawns, immediately use Arrow of the Goddess, and then before attacking, use your vials until the cooldown timer of Arrow of the Goddess reaches zero. Then use Radiant Arrow on the Dream Monster. In these conditions, the attack will take away roughly a fourth to a third of its health. Repeat the process until the Dream Monster is dead. This tactic can be made further effective by having an Ice Sage in your team use The Big Chill. If timed correctly, you can land 2 Arrow of the Goddess attacks on the Dream Monster, amounting almost enough to completely take away all its HP.
- Pay attention to the Lunar Lancer's transformation, which makes their Crescent Combo fling enemies into the air - this hinders your aim so be careful as to when you fire. Another feature of this is that enemies are flung twice as high when you have Sun Snared them, which is hilarious but ineffective.
- A good class to work with is the Boomeranger, as the Sun Snare makes it easier for them to successfully hit with their abilities, especially the boomerang.
|Starter Shadow Hunter||N/A||Granted to all players.|
|Level 10 Shadow Hunter||N/A||Granted to all players after reaching EXP lv. 10 as Shadow Hunter.|
|Level 20 Shadow Hunter||N/A||Granted to all players after reaching EXP lv. 20 as Shadow Hunter.|
|Relic of the Past||A costume for the Shadow Hunter. This unearthed raiment has classical stylings not seen since the great Sundering. Truly a rare find!|| •Costume Mystery Box|
•Bought from the store for 1250
|Dead Shot||A costume for the Shadow Hunter. No-one knows if the Shadows feel fear, but this sombre raiment shakes the resolve of the fiercest mortal foes.|| •Costume Mystery Box|
•Bought from the store for 1250
|Sharp Shooter||A costume for the Shadow Hunter. Pierce your foes with the power of music.|| •Costume Mystery Box|
•Bought from the store for 1500
|Shadow Shroud||A costume for the Shadow Hunter. Shield yourself from the creeping shadow!|| •Costume Mystery Box|
•Bought from the store for 1500
|Nut Cracker||A costume for the Shadow Hunter. Fashioned after the warrior who ousted the Rat Dynasty from Candorian lands.||Snowfest Pack|
|Modish Marksman||Craftable costume for the Shadow Hunter. Be the envy of all your fashionista friends with these top-tailored threads.||•Craftable at the Chaos Core Crafter.|
|Royal Ranger||Craftable costume for the Shadow Hunter. Princely in stature, yet rugged as the mountains.||•Craftable at the Chaos Core Crafter.|
|Nightfall Stalker||A rare lunar Shadow Hunter Costume. Perfect for stalking under the auspices of the Hunter's Moon.|| Drops from Lunar Costume Mystery Box.|
|Shadow Ranger||N/A||Will be implemented in future patches.|
- Fix for some shadow hunter costumes not showing VFX
- The Radiant Arrow ability now charges 30% faster.
- The Sun Snare trap now lasts 10 seconds down from 20.
- Fixed bug where enemies would aggro Shadow Hunter's Sun Snare.
- Fixed bug where Shadow Hunter's Sun Snare could be hit by enemies.
- Reduced passive cooldown by 1.5 seconds.
- Now charges up another Radiant Arrow faster after the previous Radiant Arrow.
- Now recovers faster after using Arrow of the Goddess.
- The ultimate Shadow Hunter arrow sounds more ultimate
- Shadow Hunter can no longer hunt other players with the Sun Snare ability
- Take Flight Update: Class introduced