|Biome||Shadow Tower (4th floor, 4th room)|
|AI Type||Shadow Hydrakken|
|50px Shadow Hydrakken Wall Trophy||Rare|
|Hewn Hydrakken Head||Rare|
The Shadow Hydrakken is a Shadow Titan which appears on the fourth room of the fourth floor in the Shadow Tower. Once a week, defeating it and opening the Shadow Tower Vault it leaves behind will give 1, 3 or 5 Titan Souls depending on the difficulty it was killed.
The Hydrakken appears to be a wide, primarily black and purple creature hiding partially within a cave in the back of the room, with half of its body obscured. It has two visible webbed feet, as well as 5 rows of fins along its back, each leading up to a matching neck and head. Its underside is far brighter, with a pale purple color and several slightly darker stripes.
Metallic patterns with bright purple sections can be seen around its legs and the sides of its necks, with its lower jaws being entirely silver except for several purple spots, and its eyes are either bright blue or dark purple, varying between heads. At the base of its central neck, a large rectangular green gem is visibly attached.
The Shadow Hydrakken is primarily a ranged boss, staying in place throughout the fight and attacking with projectiles and minions.
It has a couple of possible attacks:
- Acid Spit: Spits several green blobs of acid which land on the battlefield, leaving damaging acid as an environmental hazard and have a chance to spawn a Hydrasnek.
- Hydrasneks: Shoots a black and purple projectile which spawns several Hydrasneks where it lands.
When the Hydrakken reaches half health, one of its heads falls off. As it takes damage, more heads continue to fall off throughout the fight until only the central neck remains.
When down to a single neck, the Hydrakken gains an additional ability:
- Rampage: Unavoidably vacuums all players into melee range of the Hydrakken, then stomps its feet several times, each hit dealing high damage and knockback.
|“||Although the Three Rulers of the Oceans claim dominion over all that is maritime, legends speak of a fourth ruler, patiently observing from the darkest depths. The existence of the Shadow Hydra lends credence to the existence of this mysterious Fourth, for no other Ruler of the Sea claims the multi-headed monstrosity as one of their own.||”|
— Submission thread's unofficial lore
- The Shadow Hydrakken's concept was community-created, submitted by FriedSushi for the "Create a Trove boss, like a boss" Contest. It was officially announced the winner of the contest in the August 7 Trove Livestream. The original concept forum post can be seen HERE.
- The Shadow Hydrakken is one of only two Shadow Titans to have a unique boss arena (as its design necessitates a cave, not having a backside model), the other being the Daughter of the Moon.