|AI Type||Dragon Boss AI|
|Deep Sea Dragon Egg Fragment (1-5)||Common|
Thallasion is a large World Boss that spawns rarely underwater in the Drowned World. This massive dragon can spawn in the Open Seas biome, no matter the world difficulty, each world with its own amount of drops of a unique item called Deep Sea Dragon Eggs. This dragon once defeated several times allows players to use the items it drops to craft the Thallasion, Shaper of the Currents mount.
This dragon has a massive amount of health compared to Dungeon bosses in the same level difficulty and can do a large amount of damage to players. This dragon is best approached with a team of players to take it down. This boss can only spawn underwater, so it will be more difficult fighting it due to water decreasing the player's attack speed and movement speed. This mob unlike most is capable of healing itself by simply standing on Acid (only spawned by this dragon), so keeping it away from any acid blocks is necessary when fighting this beast.
Here are several attacks it is capable of performing:
- Bite: Thallasion will lunge out and bite a nearby player.
- Tidal Wave: Thallasion will jump up and flap its wings to do an aerial attack to a nearby player.
- Acid Spread (Ultimate): Thallasion roars and sprays acid in the air. The projectiles will target a nearby player and drop a 2x2 block of Acid. This liquid will harm players in the block (very similar to lava blocks) and heals Thallasion on contact.
- The unique loot dropped from Thallasion is affected by the tier of uber world, however it is not affected by the player's magic find.
- The boss is massive in size, so it is easy to spot.
- Thallasion drops XP depending on the world you are in and drops 2 pieces of gear and the appropriate rarity of Water Gem Box of that world (very similar to the loot of a Lair Chest).
- Thallasion can also spawn inside large mounds of sand as an underground Dungeons in the Drowned World; destroy the blocks downward to go directly to a room with Thallasion.
- Despite being similar to a dungeon, with set terrain and a quest popup, it does not appear on the map, nor does it have any monsters or bosses except for Thallasion.
- This enemy uses the same model as the mount Thallasion, Shaper of the Currents but with one alternative part (c_mt_dragon_deepsea_body_03 to c_mt_dragon_deepsea_body_03alt).