| This page is under construction.
In Trove, players can upgrade their class even further using Gems. These Gems will allow players to add additional stats, buffs and ability modifications to their class to enter higher Uber worlds and/or take on the Shores of the Everdark World. This mechanic of upgrading items was introduced in the Mantle of Power Expansion. This system however takes quite a while due to the sheer number of RNG put into getting the perfect Gem that suits a player's playstyle.
Here is a list of materials that are needed to be able to upgrade Gems:
Main Upgrade Materials
These materials are needed to upgrade the Gem:
|Water Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Water Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Water based Gems.|
|Air Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Air Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Air based Gems.|
|Fire Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Fire Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Fire based Gems.|
|Flux||Forging Material. Gain it by deconstructing equipment.||Used for upgrading gems.|
|Re-Gemerator||Crafting Material. Repair a Cracked Gem with this one weird item.||Used to fix cracked Gems. Purchased from the Store for 500 cubits. Also used for unsocketing gems.|
|Jade Clover||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking!||Upgrading gems cannot crack.|
|Glittering Horseshoe||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking and gives x1.5 Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up.|
| Diamond Dice|
|Deconstruct it in loot collector to get get a Lapis Luckbug.||Now useless, deconstruct it to get a Lapis Luckbug.|
|Lapis Luckbug||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking, gives x3 Level Up chance and x5 Double Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up twice.|
|Ninth Life||Gem Level Up Booster, This lucky charm prevents cracking and gives x40 level up chance and x10 Double Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up twice.|
Other Items Related to Gems
These are other related items that are involved in Gems and the upgrade system:
|Gem Booster Box||Open for Gem Dust, Gem Boosters, or rarely Empowered Gem Box.||Used to obtain resources used to upgrade items. Purchased from the Store.|
|Empowered Gem Box|| Open for a Radiant or Stellar Empowered Gem, Class Gem Key, or rarely a Prism of Light.|
In addition, there is a very rare chance for a Diamond Dragon Egg.
|Used to obtain resources used to upgrade items. Obtained by trading Lunar Souls at the Shadowy Market.|
|Class Gem Key|| Use this key on an Everdark Vault.|
Everdark Vaults appear in the Shores of the Everdark after winning a battle at a coliseum.
This key grants a Stellar Empowered Gem with a class ability based on the class which uses it.
|Used to obtain a Class Gem from Everdark Vaults, which are only found after completing Shores of the Everdark Coliseum Dungeons.|
How to Upgrade Gems
This Guide will show you on how to improve equipment using the new Gem feature.
Gems come in a variety of elements type each with its own set values and rarity. Gems can only be obtained through Gem Boxes which can be obtained by completing Lairs and Dungeons in Uber leveled worlds; higher Ubers will give higher rarity gems:
- Uber 1-2: Common Gem Box will give Common Gems, sometimes Uncommon Gems, and rarely Rare Gems.
- Uber 3: Uncommon Gem Box will give Uncommon Gems, sometimes Rare Gems, and rarely Epic Gems.
- Uber 4: Rare Gem Box will give Rare Gems, sometimes Epic Gems, and rarely Legendary Gems.
- Uber 5: Epic Gem Box will give Epic Gems, sometimes Legendary Gems, and rarely Relic Gems.
- Uber 6: Legendary Gem Box will give Legendary Gems, sometimes Relic Gems, and rarely Resplendent Gems.
- Uber 7: Relic Gem Box will give Relic Gems, sometimes Resplendent Gems, and rarely Shadow Gems.
- Uber 8: Resplendent Gem Box will give Resplendent Gems, sometimes Shadow Gems, and rarely Radiant Gems.
- Uber 9: Shadow Gem Box will give Shadow Gems, sometimes Radiant Gems, and rarely Stellar Gems.
All gems can be upgraded at the Character Sheet by pressing the C key. In this menu, there will be a gems tab where you can equip and upgrade gems. Player can equip a gem by dragging the gem to an available gem slot. More gem slots will be available as you level up you class by gaining experience (EXP). Here is a list of when certain gem slots become available:
- The First Normal Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 10.
- The First Normal Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 13.
- The First Normal Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 17.
- The Empowered Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 21.
- The Empowered Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 23.
- The Empowered Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 25.
- The Second Normal Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 27.
- The Second Normal Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 29.
- The Second Normal Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 30 (Max Level).
You can also unequip/unsocket a gem from this menu. To do this, drag the gem from your gem tab to your inventory, however unsocketing gems has a Re-Gemerator cost. It is not recommended to switch/share Gems between classes because of the cubit cost of the Re-Gemerators. Have gems for each class to prevent using up cubits from sharing gems.
In the same menu, you can upgrade gems to add additional stats, boosts, and power rank for your class. For every attempt at leveling a gem, you need Gem Dust and Flux for upgrades. The dust must be the same type as the gem in order for the upgrade to work (i.e. you cannot use Air Gem Dust to upgrade Water Gems, only Water Gem Dust can upgrade Water Gems). The cost of Dust and Flux will increase for every successful level on the gem as well as the chance of the gem to become cracked. If a gem happens to become cracked, it can still be used to boost stats but cannot be upgraded until it has been fixed. To fix a cracked Gem, you must purchase a Re-Gemerator at the store (with a cost of 500 Cubits) and use it on the gem as if you are upgrading it. Cracked Normal gems will need just one Re-Gemerator while Empowered Gems will take two.