| This article is a stub.
You can help Trove Wiki by expanding it.
In Trove, players can upgrade their class even further using Gems. These Gems will allow players to add additional stats, buffs and ability modifications to their class to enter higher Uber worlds and/or take on the Shores of the Everdark World. This mechanic of upgrading items was introduced in the Mantle of Power Expansion. This system however takes quite a while due to the sheer number of RNG put into getting the perfect Gem that suits a player's playstyle.
Here is a list of materials that are needed to be able to upgrade Gems:
Main Upgrade Materials
These materials are needed to upgrade the Gem:
|Water Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Water Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Water based Gems.|
|Air Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Air Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Air based Gems.|
|Fire Gem Dust||Crafting Material. Gained from Loot Collecting Fire Gems. Used to Level Up Gems.||Used for upgrading only Fire based Gems.|
|Flux||Forging Material. Gain it by deconstructing equipment.||Used for upgrading gems.|
|Re-Gemerator||Crafting Material. Repair a Cracked Gem with this one weird item.||Used to fix cracked Gems. Purchased from the Store for 500 cubits. Also used for unsocketing gems.|
|Jade Clover||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking!||Upgrading gems cannot crack.|
|Glittering Horseshoe||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking and gives x1.5 Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up.|
| Diamond Dice|
|Deconstruct it in loot collector to get get a Lapis Luckbug.||Now useless, deconstruct it to get a Lapis Luckbug.|
|Lapis Luckbug||Gem Level Up Booster. This lucky charm prevents cracking, gives x3 Level Up chance and x5 Double Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up twice.|
|Ninth Life||Gem Level Up Booster, This lucky charm prevents cracking and gives x40 level up chance and x10 Double Level Up chance!||Upgrading gems cannot crack, and increases the chance of the gem leveling up twice.|
Other Items Related to Gems
These are other related items that are involved in Gems and the upgrade system:
|Gem Booster Box||Open for Gem Dust, Gem Boosters, or rarely Empowered Gem Box.||Used to obtain resources used to upgrade items. Purchased from the Store.|
|Empowered Gem Box|| Open for a Radiant or Stellar Empowered Gem, Class Gem Key, or rarely a Prism of Light.|
In addition, there is a very rare chance for a Diamond Dragon Egg.
|Used to obtain resources used to upgrade items. Obtained by trading Lunar Souls at the Shadowy Market.|
|Class Gem Key|| Use this key on an Everdark Vault.|
Everdark Vaults appear in the Shores of the Everdark after winning a battle at a coliseum.
This key grants a Stellar Empowered Gem with a class ability based on the class which uses it.
|Used to obtain a Class Gem from Everdark Vaults, which are only found after completing Shores of the Everdark Shadow Colosseum Dungeons.|
Gems come in a variety of elements type each with its own set values and rarity. Gems can only be obtained through Gem Boxes which can be obtained by completing Lairs and Dungeons in Uber leveled worlds; higher Ubers will give higher rarity gems:
- Uber 1-2: Common Gem Boxes will commonly give Common Gems, uncommonly Uncommon Gems, and rarely Rare Gems.
- Uber 3: Uncommon Gem Boxes will commonly give Uncommon Gems, uncommonly Rare Gems, and rarely Epic Gems.
- Uber 4: Rare Gem Boxes will commonly give Rare Gems, uncommonly Epic Gems, and rarely Legendary Gems.
- Uber 5: Epic Gem Boxes will commonly give Epic Gems, uncommonly Legendary Gems, and rarely Relic Gems.
- Uber 6: Legendary Gem Boxes will commonly give Legendary Gems, uncommonly Relic Gems, and rarely Resplendent Gems.
- Uber 7: Relic Gem Boxes will commonly give Relic Gems, uncommonly Resplendent Gems, and rarely Shadow Gems.
- Uber 8: Resplendent Gem Boxes will commonly give Resplendent Gems, uncommonly Shadow Gems, and rarely Radiant Gems.
- Uber 9: Shadow Gem Boxes will commonly give Shadow Gems, uncommonly Radiant Gems, and rarely Stellar Gems.
All gems can be upgraded at the Character Sheet by pressing the C key. In this menu, there will be a gems tab where you can equip and upgrade gems. Player can equip a gem by dragging the gem to an available gem slot. More gem slots will be available as you level up you class by gaining experience. Here is a list of when certain gem slots become available:
- The First Normal Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 10.
- The Empowered Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 12.
- The First Normal Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 13.
- The Empowered Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 15.
- The First Normal Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 17.
- The Empowered Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 20.
- The Second Normal Water Gem slot is unlocked at level 23.
- The Second Normal Air Gem slot is unlocked at level 26.
- The Second Normal Fire Gem slot is unlocked at level 30 (Max Level).
You can also unequip/unsocket a gem from this menu. To do this, drag the gem from your gem tab to your inventory, however unsocketing gems has a Re-Gemerator cost. It is not recommended to switch/share Gems between classes because of the cubit cost of the Re-Gemerators. Have gems for each class to prevent using up cubits from sharing gems.
In the same menu, you can upgrade gems to add additional stats, boosts, and power rank for your class. For every attempt at leveling a gem, you need Gem Dust and Flux for upgrades. The dust must be the same type as the gem in order for the upgrade to work (i.e. you cannot use Air Gem Dust to upgrade Water Gems, only Water Gem Dust can upgrade Water Gems). The cost of Dust and Flux will increase for every successful level on the gem as well as the chance of the gem to become cracked. If a gem happens to become cracked, it can still be used to boost stats but cannot be upgraded until it has been fixed. To fix a cracked Gem, you must purchase a Re-Gemerator at the store (with a cost of 500 Cubits) and use it on the gem as if you are upgrading it. Cracked Normal gems will need just one Re-Gemerator while Empowered Gems will take two.
As the level of a gem is increased, the cost in Flux and Gem Dust is increased, the chance to crack is increased, the chance for a successful level-up is decreased and the number of attempts until the Gem Karma triggers is increased.
There are 4 different boosts that can happen when successfully leveling up a Gem:
- Small Boost (levels 2-4, 6-9 and 11-14)
5 small increases for each existing stat, +15 PR when 3 stats.
- Moderate Boost (levels 16-19 and 21-24)
10 small increases for each existing stat, +30 PR when 3 stats. (equals 2 Small Boosts)
- Moderate Boost+ (levels 20 and 25)
25 small increases for each existing stat, +75 PR when 3 stats. (equals 5 Small Boosts)
- Large Boost (levels 5, 10 and 15) The next successful level-up will increase a single randomized stat value by a much larger amount than usual. The value of this increase is random (50%-100% 100-200 extra pr) on lesser gems, but fixed for Empowered Gems (always 100%, 200 extra pr). If the gem does not have 3 stats already, then one more stat will be added instead of boosting an existing stat. The gem cannot gain more than 3 stats.
When do you get more stars on your gem?
Stars on gems are simply an indication of Power Rank:
What are the best possible Gems?
|Power Rank||Stellar Emp.||Stellar|
|Gem level 1 (3 stats)||700||600|
|Gem level 2 (3 stats)||715||615|
|Gem level 3 (3 stats)||730||630|
|Gem level 4 (3 stats)||745||645|
|Gem level 5 (3 stats)||945||845|
|Gem level 6 (3 stats)||960||860|
|Gem level 7 (3 stats)||975||875|
|Gem level 8 (3 stats)||990||890|
|Gem level 9 (3 stats)||1005||905|
|Gem level 10 (3 stats)||1205||1105|
|Gem level 11 (3 stats)||1220||1120|
|Gem level 12 (3 stats)||1235||1135|
|Gem level 13 (3 stats)||1250||1150|
|Gem level 14 (3 stats)||1265||1165|
|Gem level 15 (3 stats)||1465||1365|
|Gem level 16 (3 stats)||1495||1395|
|Gem level 17 (3 stats)||1525||1425|
|Gem level 18 (3 stats)||1555||1455|
|Gem level 19 (3 stats)||1585||1485|
|Gem level 20 (3 stats)||1660||1560|
|Gem level 21 (3 stats)||1690||1590|
|Gem level 22 (3 stats)||1720||1620|
|Gem level 23 (3 stats)||1750||1650|
|Gem level 24 (3 stats)||1780||1680|
|Gem level 25 (3 stats)||1855||1755|
As you can see, the stellar emp. gem has a power rank difference of 100 pr per level compared to the normal stellar gem, due to the fact it has a random ability (ex. spirit surge) that comes with the empowered gem (this adds 100 pr to the gem)